페이지

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Careless


     I had an adorable cat 4 years ago. Its name was Mok. He was just 3 months when I adopted him. I was living by myself at that time so he was one of my best friends. He always welcomed me when I got home and acted charming to me everytime. I had two cats at that time but the other had died because of peritonitis. I could ease my sadness because of Mok. I lived in an officetel and I decided to move to an apartment which is bigger. Mok loved that bigger place. He had more spaces to hide and run. I bought a fabulous cat tower for him. He liked it so much. He jumped on it, scratched it, and lay on it all the time.

     One day, I read an article about neutered cats and I got lots of valuable information from it. So I decided to neuter him. I researched about some good veterinary hospitals’ lists. I choose one reputable hospital and I went there by myself at first. I asked about some procedures for surgery, costs, etc. We scheduled a date and it was THE DAY. I brought him to the hospital and the vet said “We will call you after the surgery. Don’t worry.” I believed what he said and went out from the hospital. About one hour later, a nurse called me and said “The surgery ended and he is fine. He is under anesthetics so please come back and bring him after 1 hour.” I felt relieved and kept drinking coffee with my friend.

     However, the hospital called me again after 20 minutes. It was the nurse again. She said “Can you come now quickly? We are having an emergency. The vet is trying to save him now. You need to come here now,” I did not even know what was going on until I got to the hospital. There were only full of foreboding and my heartbeat quickened while I drive there. When me and my friend got there, my cherished little kitty was put on a respirator and had a nosebleed. Can you imagine what was going on there? The vet said he is suffering from ‘acute pulmonary edema’ which means his lungs were filled with water. He also explained about reaction to anesthesia. He promised me that he will stay and care of my kitty. He set me at ease that he will be okay.

     Unfortunately, my precious little kitty Mok could not take the pain much. He died when he was only about 1 year old. I cried and cried. I could not stay with him at his last moment. His last moment that I remembered was his painful body. I brought him to an animal funeral hall with my mother. God, you have no idea how much I cried at that time. We sprinkled his bone ashes in Jangsan Park. I sometimes go there to give some food to him. Such as a tuna can, french fries which was his favorite. Then some cats come to me and eat those foods. I keep looking at them for a while and leave.

     I did not have any idea about some side effects of that surgery. After that, I read about some similar cases in the web cafe. If you agonize about it, you should choose the veterinary hopital carefully and have to know about some reviews of that hospital. Also, read the documents very carefully. I did not see any documents about the surgery. The vets have to show you a document and explain about the side effect. That procedure is necessary! Never make rash judgement!

No comments:

Post a Comment